We Make Dental Care Fun!
At Parkview Pediatric Dentistry we strive to decrease the anxiety of the patients, and their parents (we understand that sometimes parents are more stressed than their children). We understand that waiting with children in a Dr’s office can be a stressful experience, so our inviting waiting room is relaxing for parents and provides a fun kids area for kids to come in and play prior to their appointment.
If your child has any special needs or you have questions prior to your first visit please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to address any questions you have.
Regular Infection Control Procedures
Use of the highest quality Autoclaves to sterilize all instruments between patient uses. These machines are tested on a weekly basis to ensure the highest quality of effectiveness
Our offices use only completely pure water in our dental chairs and have a weekly scheduled cleaning of these units.
All staff members practice regular handwashing and have mandatory hand sanitization between patients.
Regular office sanitization by GermBlast (https://www.germblast.com/). Germblast is a service that helps reduce bacterial growth on touched surfaces. This service is used by top hospitals and schools to reduce the spread of diseases.
Keeping you safe
COVID – 19 UPDATES
Dear Parkview Pediatric Dentistry Families,
Since March, our country has been working to understand and counteract the COVID-19 virus. There is still much to learn, but we have taken many steps to ensure that our office can provide the exceptional dental care you expect from Parkview while also protecting the safety of you, your children, and our staff. Children need to receive regular dental healthcare, and we wholeheartedly believe that maintaining a healthy mouth is integral to overall health.
INFECTION CONTROL PROCEDURES
During closures and since reopening, we have been busy getting our office and office staff ready to care for your children. As dentists, we have always used the most up to date infection control practices. We have further reviewed and updated these practices for added precaution and protection.
OFFICE INFECTION CONTROL PROCEDURES
– Air Scrubbers: ALL of our air conditioner units have UV sterilization lights installed, which kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses circulating in the air.
– All clinical personnel wear high filtration masks and face shields to prevent the spread of germs from us to you and protect other staff members.
– Dedicated team members disinfect the office throughout the day.
– Pre-appointment screenings conducted to ensure patients (and their parents) do not have any symptoms or have been in contact with a person who has had COVID-19 symptoms. (PLEASE COMPLETE THIS ON YOUR PATIENT PORTAL BEFORE YOUR VISIT)
– “Virtual Waiting Room”: patients wait in the car until their appointment.
– Continued office disinfection from GermBlast
– Temporary closure of all patient play areas
– Employee health checks each day of work to ensure no one has COVID-19 symptoms. Any employee with suspicious symptoms present will follow appropriate guidelines for testing and isolation.
– Our office is working extended days and hours to spread out appointment times to prevent overlap of patients and maintain necessary social distancing in the office.
– For a time, we are limiting procedures that are “high risk” and create aerosols
– Temporary limitation of visits for our patients with complex medical conditions. (Please call us with any questions or concerns)
We have altered all dental cleanings to prevent aerosols (fine spray) created during traditional cleanings. This fine mist could cause the transmission of virus particles. We believe this change in treatment procedures will also allow us to maintain proper social distancing.
We will also use this time as a unique opportunity for staff to show children proper brushing habits they can use at home. We will also be dispensing disclosing tablets that use natural dyes to highlight plaque areas. This plaque highlighting allows for better visualization of problem areas and helps you improve brushing techniques!
HOW YOU CAN HELP PREVENT INFECTION
You can help protect your family and our Parkview family by:
– Sanitizing your hands immediately upon arrival to our office.
– Wearing a mask at all times while in the office, especially you as the parent.
– Only bring those members of the family essential for the visite.
– Complete all your paperwork online before getting to the office.
– Reschedule your appointment if you or any member of your family has experienced recent (two-week period) COVID-19 symptoms.
Thank you for your continued support. We will continue to stay up to date with all recommendations and added precautions. Our goal at Parkview Pediatric Dentistry is to provide exceptional care for your children and keep your whole family safe. Thank you for your help in this process. If you have any questions or would like to speak to a member of our staff before your upcoming appointment, please feel free to call our office. (806)796-2408
Parkview Pediatric Dental Team